Sunday, August 4, 2024

Mielle Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner Review

 Is anyone else obsessed with watching Simone Biles? I've watched her most recent floor routine about a billion times and it doesn't matter how many times I've seen it I will always stop and watch it again anytime it pops up in my feed. Love it, love it! 

Mielle claims:

If you have Type 4 hair, then you know that taming it is easier said than done. Well, Mielle’s Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner was made especially for you! Show off those beautiful coils and curls. Say goodbye to frizz and hello to shine. This conditioner is lightweight, easy to use, and smells great! Proper detangling of your hair is a must, and this leave-in conditioner will detangle each and every strand. It will also lock in extra moisture, providing long-lasting hydration and protecting the hair with a wonderful blend of babassu oil and citrus extracts. It’s a win-win!

Key Benefits:

  • Lightweight, smells good and feels great
  • Adds shine and prevents frizz
  • Made for thick, curly hair

Award Winner: 2022 InStyle Best Beauty Buys

12 fl. oz. | Contains no harmful chemicals or preservatives

I like the Mielle brand- at least what little I have tried of it. Especially the deep conditioner. I have been trying to be more consistent with using leave in conditioner because according to a hair expert I watch sometimes on youtube- it's a must have for healthy hair. And I am trying to get my hair healthy! 

I have heard some things about Mielle  changing as far as ingredients. It's supposed to be another brand that was created for brown girls and then the brand was sold off. I think that was due to the hair oil blowing up and it being out of stock and them realizing they can market to other hair types. I don't have any plans to try the oil anytime soon because I have a couple things I want to try to use up first. 

But back to the leave in. I was so excited when I read the bottle and it said it was specifically for type 4 hair. I don't think I have ever seen a product that mentions the hair type it's for-let alone type 4 hair. Most of the time, products that are mainstream aren't made for me. Most things are marketed for straight hair, curly hair, and in most recent years "mixed" hair.

You get a 12 oz bottle with a pump. It's a good amount...my last leave in was from their Rosemary line and that lasted me forever. I can't remember how much I paid for it...I think 8 or 9 dollars or so. I think that's a good price.

The texture is your typical conditioner texture- maybe a little lighter. I really like the way it smells-just really fruity and tropical. The scent doesn't last very long so if you don't like the smell- don't worry it doesn't linger. 

I've been using it for awhile and I think what it does best is detangle. It really just goes on and makes your hair super slippery so you can get a comb through it easier. I can't say I notice it doing much else- it's not very hydrating. Maybe it helps with frizz and it does make the hair look glossy. 

Ingredients: 

Water (Aqua, Eau), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Oil, Copaiferi Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Honey (Mel, Miel), Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hexapeptide-11, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycereth-2 Cocoate

Overall, if you are looking for a detangling leave-in that won't dull your hair- this is what you want! Especially if you have type 4 hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment