Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sade

 


I've got time so let's do a music post before I call it a night. I'm not going to bed though. I'm off tomorrow so I figured I would go ahead and stay up and watch the House of Dragon finale. Maybe I'll take a nap if I can but I haven't been sleeping through the night like I am supposed to. 

But back to the music. I know Sade toured years and years ago close to where I was-  and I remember someone asking me if I was going to go. At that time I only knew 1-2 of her songs. Also I didn't really go to concerts like that. I'm really into it now though...I do wish I had seen her. I have since listened to her discography and I have a couple of favorites. 

Here they are! 

The first song I heard of Sade is Smooth Operator. It took a minute for me to fall in love with it...now it's a favorite. The saxophone 😍 This is real music. I feel like I heard this in an elevator once and now I always think of Elevators every time it plays. They don't play music in the elevators anymore, or at least not any that I have been in recently. What a shame! 


Next up we have No Ordinary Love. I think this was the second song I discovered and downloaded immediately. I love this one...and the video! I didn't realize she was a mermaid in it...


Taking it back to the 80's with The Sweetest Taboo. I always forget this song until it starts. Then I'm like OHHHHH, I LOVE THIS SONG! 


Is it a Crime might be my favorite- I'm shocked it has lower views compared to her other songs. 


These are my absolute favorites by Sade. I feel like I should probably give her catalogue another listen- I am sure I have missed some gems. 

I really wish I would have gone to see her. I'll need to check if she is coming back and if she is- gotta get that ticket and go see her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment