Thursday, October 3, 2024

Claus Porto Voga Acacia Soap Review

Why is it not the weekend already? I'm excited for the weekend -so of course tomorrow is going to drag. I hope I am wrong though. In the meantime, a soap review. From a brand I had heard about awhile ago but couldn't seem to get my hands on it. 

Claus Porto claims:

A delicate floral that, like an essence of spring, brings tenderness and energy, by playing with the simplicity of acacia tree blossoms and sweet tuberose. This silky soap contains shea oil, a well-known ingredient for its nourishing properties. It gently cleanses and scents the skin with our Voga fragrance. The soap is wrapped in a unique design that has made the brand famous for over 130 years.

Treat your senses to this thrilling secret.Voga’s fragrance balances fruity freshness with understated acacia and sweet tuberose. A pinch of powdery musk adds a gentle afterglow.A captivating feminine scent to soothe your senses and leave your skin sleek and perfectly cleansed. Feminine and elegant as a white silk blouse.

Voga takes its name from a women’s magazine which became a beacon of elegance and sophistication in 1920s Portugal. Its message of confident femininity is reflected in the bold Art Deco design of the packaging which wraps Voga in a whirl of blue petals. 

Bars are generously sized for bathing and everyday use.

I found this on Amazon, unfortunately they don't regularly have it (in stock and sold from Amazon) or else I would probably be adding more to my cart and checking out. I was lucky to get this one though. I didn't even check the scent before I bought- it. I just knew I wanted to try anything from the brand.  But it's Acacia Tuberose. 

I love the packaging. It's so unique and pretty. Reminds me of Spanish Tile. Or maybe Portuguese because the brand does originate from Portugal. I've never tried anything from Portugal and I love trying new soaps from different countries- so I was happy to finally get my hands on it.

So the packaging is pretty....but is the soap nice?

I think so. The shape is an oval and not flat on the bottom- the Chanel No.5 soap has the same shape so I associate this with luxury. I love the oval shape now. I think Fresh soaps also have that shape as well. 



When I first smelled it, I wasn't sure about it. It smells like an old fashioned floral. There was just a weird note to it. Upon first use, I still wasn't sure. But by the second use and every lather afterwards, I have really started to enjoy it. and now look forward to using it. I'm sure I will be sad when I use it up.  It's just a nice, floral fragrance, I can't pick out tuberose or acacia very well. It's nott too loud....a gentle floral. With just enough scent strength. Doesn't really linger- every now and again it sticks to my skin. It also doesn't really scent up the bathroom either- but most bar soaps don't. The scent kinda reminds me of the Molton Brown Flora Luminare Shower Gel. 

The lather is better than your average bar soaps. It's not drying at all...rinses clean and cleans so well! 

A lot of bars claim to be triple-milled and then they melt down like a regular soap. Not the case with this soap. It has been lasting quite well. It was a larger size at just over five ounces though.

Ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Aqua/Water, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Parfum/Fragrance, Palm Acid, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Oil, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Pigment Red 57:1/CI 15850/D&C Red No.7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090/FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the bar. I definitely want to try more. And I could see myself purchasing this again if I am in the mood for a soft floral soap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment