Wednesday, October 2, 2024

John Master's Organics Lip Calm Review

 It's been a week...I have just been reading about all the devastation that Hurricane Helene has caused. Luckily my family back home are all OK, they were without power and water for four days...but everyone is safe. Also they had access to their phones the whole time  sowe were able to keep in contact, I can't imagine not having contact as I know so many didn't have access to internet. I probably woulda have lost my mind.  Crazy times though and I cannot wait until Hurricane Season is over.

John Master's Organics claims:

An USDA-Certified Organic, award-winning balm that helps to soften and deeply hydrate lips.

Ocean Plastic Rescue

2 bottles rescued for every 1 item purchased

Made in USA


It's also dry, crusty lip season. Unless you are armed with a good lip balm. Like this one. 

I bought this because I still wanna make sure I am trying new brands instead of getting stuck on the same old ones. Usually when I need a new lip balm I am checking out the Burt's Bees ones. Those are some of the best and widely available balms. I wasn't sure which one to get, it comes in a variety of flavors- ultimately I just went for the original. 

This one is citrus-y. I actually really like the scent . It's juicy without being artificial and reminds of the zest and rind of an orange/lemon. Even tastes like it. 

This lip balm is different from most balms. Usually I love a waxy balm- full of beeswax because it lasts the longest and really sticks to your lips. I was surprised the first time I used this because it does not feel like it has any wax (it does though!) . It does feel like it has a lot of oils. Usually the problem with oil based balm is they can go on and not feel smoothing...they can feel greasy and then wear off and your lips feels drier. Not this one. It's so smoothing and hydrating. It wears off and my lips feel soft and normal. 

It does have a sheen/gloss to it. My preference these days is matte lip balm. But you can always let it sit for awhile and then wipe off the shine.

The ingredients are nice. I'm surprised to see the main oil is Sunflower. Usually I prefer things to not contain that oil as it is a rather cheap one but the formula works so I can't complain too much.

Ingredients:

Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Olive oil, Jojoba Oil, Tangerine Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lime Oil, Linseed Oil, Borage Oil, Rosehip Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral, Citronellol

Another negative is the price. It's an 8.00 lip balm. There are pricier out there...but there are also ones that are easier on the wallet that work just as well. I would still repurchase again, I am still especially interested in the Cherry Blossom and Rose scents. I might order them later on when I am in need to re-up the lip balm stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment