Saturday, October 12, 2024

MAC 209 Eyeliner Brush Review


 I have some time now that I am letting my cake cool for an entire hour. I can't wait to turn it upside down and see if it actually came out how it's supposed to. Patience is key...I guess.

MAC claims: 

An extra-fine tipped synthetic fibre brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke with which to line the eyes. Use with liquid or cream products.

  • Bristle type: synthetic
  • Made in USA

In the meantime, a quick eyeliner review. I've had this brush forever now (2018!) . Just waiting for me to buy some gel liner so I could finally test it out. I wanted to use up most of my pencil liners first. And I finally did so I splurged on the Bobbi Brown gel liner. So all these years later, I am finally using my 209 brush.


My favorite liner brushes or the ones I used most often tended to be the angled liner brushes- but I do have some that are similar styled to this one....and I have to say this is definitely my favorite. 

Something about how the shape tapers when you get product on it so you can really get a precise line and you can really perfect the shape in a way you can't with an angled brush. You aren't really limited to a straight wing, you can curve the line more which I think can suit the eye shape better. Or at least I feel like I can make it so with this brush. It just feels more free style. 

I was also worried that this would create too thick of a line but you can really get a thinner OR thicker line. So it's pretty versatile. I pulled out my similar brushes- Sonia Kashuk Bent liner and the Real Techniques one and the MAC one blows them out the water. The Sonia Kashuk one is a bit frayed and doesn't come to a point, so the wing part of the liner is always thick no matter what. And the Real Techniques one is OK, but the bristles are a tad longer so I feel I had less control with it. And you always get a thick line with that one


As always the quality of the brush is nice- sturdy yet light wood handle. Nice silver ferrule. Soft and not splayed bristles. 


I still need to give my MAC 210 a whirl- but right now my favorite for gel liner is the MAC 209. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment