Monday, October 14, 2024

Updated Palette Collection

How time flies. I forgot what I was looking up but I stumbled upon my old palette collection post and just realized how outdated that post now is. Since I did that one... I have used up about 5 or so palettes...and bought a ton of new ones. I've also dug out some colors so the remaining palettes I do have look a lot different. Also...palettes have been on my mind because I have been obsessing about getting my hands on the Danessa Myricks Lightworks 6. I couldn't take it anymore and I just placed an order for it....I will definitely be doing first impressions when it comes in the mail. In the meantime...this is what the collection is looking like.

1. MAC Singles- I have had this for years and years. Put this together when I first started becoming obsessed with the brights. A lot of these are great- some of them aren't as bright as newer formulas...and I may have alternative favorites but this palette is still one of my faves. Maybe I'll make it a goal to review the individual MAC shades in my collection next.


2. Too Faced Loves Sephora- Another old palette...I have dug out quite a few of the colors that didn't work for me and this is what was left. I should probably chuck the rest- except for the gold greenish shade but I can't bring myself to do it! 

3. Random Senna Cosmetics and MAC Singles- This is my 2nd least favorite palette. I don't like most of the Senna shades I had and got rid of most of them...but still have a few left. I am still trying to pair down which ones I can see myself wearing and which need to go. Maybe I'll get to doing that next year. Also still have an empty spot that needs to be filled....


4. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette- Still have my OG Chocolate Bar. I have dug out some shades that stopped working or never worked for me. Overall, still love this palette and still is my number on travel choice.


5 &6. Viseart Cool and Warm Mattes- Cool Mattes is my least favorite palette. I can't rock cool tones like that. I still try to use it though. Lately I have been using the shades to place on top of lipsticks to change the tones and that's been fun. I love Warm Mattes for a very neutral look that goes with any lipstick or blush...and is great to pair with a dramatic liner look. I also love the yellow/orange shades in the palette, they are favorites for sure. 



7&8. Sugarpill Fun Size and Fun Size Too- LOVE these palettes...the brights go on bright and really pop on my skintone. A few of them don't wear the best but overall I LOVE these palettes. I will definitely pick up more to replace these shades as I use them up..and plan on buying more Sugarpill palettes eventually but as you can see I really don't need any palettes ATM. 



9. Urban Decay Black Palette- Does this even count as a palette? Only three shades in it and I very rarely use them...but I keep it because that black eyeshadow is the blackest shadow in my collection....it's awesome for setting a pencil liner.

10&11. Visseart Bright Editorials and Dark Mattes- You probably already know the Viseart Bright Editorials is a favorite- I love bright shades and these are AMAZING. Best thing is you can mix the shades and create new colors- the white is amazing for creating pastel shades of all the colors in the palette. I would repurchase this no questions asked. Dark Mattes is nice- mostly complimentary to shimmery shades in my collection. I use the purple shade the most of all....look at that dip! 

12&13. Natural Mattes and Natural Mattes Milieu- The natural mattes has all the basic shades...I don't really love it. Glad I got it at a deep discount. Wish I bought it in the smaller size. The mattes milieu has some really pretty shades. I like it so much more...it might be my 2nd favorite Viseart palette. I do kinda want the palettes that have duo chromes but I'm not in any rush to pick it up either. 


14. Urban Decay Electric Palette- I LOVE this palette. Some of these shades are truly irreplaceable. I wish I had bought a back up of this palette I love it that much. That blue shade Chaos?? Beautiful! Blue is a hard shade to wear but when I get it right, I can't stop starting at my blue lids.




15. Danessa Myricks Love is Love palette- This palette didn't get the most love- people really had a lot to say based on the layout. I bought it anyway and love it! I just wanted to get my hands on different multi-chromes and special shades and I don't regret this one bit. I think it's what made me NEED Lightworks 6. I cannot wait for it to come in.
 



16&17. Urban Decay VICE LTD and VICE 4- I love my Vice palettes. I think Urban should bring them back. You get a fun mix of colors and very unique shades...shades I don't want to use up even today because I know I probably won't be able to find replacements for them. 




18 &19. VICE 2 and VICE 3- The Vice 2 was a gift from my sister and what started my obsession with them. The packaging is still so pretty to me....The VICE 3 might be my least favorite of the ones in my collection and one I was thinking about panning one day. Except the red shade- best shade in the palette.

I wasn't sure exactly how many palettes I had in the collection..but 19 isn't bad. Even with one on the way....I think in a few months I might pick one and start trying to pan it....or just go back to picking random colors to use up just to try and use up some colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment