Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Out of Africa Raw Shea Butter Review





I really should be asleep. But it's the start of my four day weekend. And for some reason when I got off work (at midnight), I decided to have a nice big cup of caffeinated tea. I have zero tolerance for caffeine and it keeps me up. It's not as bad as coffee but...I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight. So..I'll blog a little. 

Out of Africa claims:
Fresh and Authentic Grade AAA 
Helps nourish dry or sensitive skin including: lips, elbows, feet, and even hair! Helps with fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, psoriasis and eczema. Enriched with antioxidants and Vitamins A, E, and F to help with premature aging.
Shea Butter Hand Harvested in West Africa 

I love Shea Butter. I don't think anyone loves the stuff more than me. I use it everywhere and for everything. I've tried a couple of different brands over the years. And I think this is definitely in my top 5. 

It's raw shea butter. I'm not a fan of refined Shea. I just don't get the point. By refining it, they take out most of the nourishing properties that Shea has. Because this one is unrefined, it has that signature smoky, nutty, shea scent. I think it's kinda nice. Especially this one. 

Before this I had a tub of Shea Radiance Shea Butter.  In comparison, the other one was a little more waxy feeling and softer. I think this one is a bit drier but I prefer that. I think I like the Out of Africa Shea more although I did like the Shea Radiance one.  

Shea Butter is the best moisturizer for my hair. I think I prefer the one with Vanilla scent more in my hair though. It gives me the shrinkage I want and makes my hair curl up almost perfectly. It's the best moisturizer on skin and dry spots, just be sure to use a small amount and use it when skin is still slightly damp.

I also love using this on my face. It calms down breakouts, really moisturizes, and I think it helps my skin look more even-toned and naturally glow-y. 

Why use moisturizers that contain Shea, when you can just use pure Shea Butter on your skin? No additives.

You can also use it to make your own hair and body butters, which can be pretty fun!

And it is a great carrier for essential oils, since it is anti-inflammatory it's great for aches and pains. And I've heard it's great for arthritis. 

I know this one comes in a tin, which I haven't tried. With the Vanilla Shea Butter in the plastic jar, it smelled a bit like older Shea while the tin Shea was much fresher. I haven't noticed anything off with this one in the plastic jar. It seems really fresh. Of course, I do like tin packaging better but you get more for your money in the plastic. 

I do really like this brand's Shea Butter. I also like that they seem to support the women that produce the Shea Butter. I prefer to buy from a company that helps to improve the community that produces the product rather than exploiting. It's a brand I feel good buying from. 

Overall, I highly recommend it! 

Check out my review of the Vanilla Scented Shea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment