Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Plant Therapy Lavender Infused Frankincense Infusion Review


 I have been going through my Essential Oil collection (which has grown massively) and picking an oil to focus on and use up. I especially like to look for oils that have been in my collection for awhile. According to site, this was oil of the month in August 2019. Time to use it up. Past time.

I tend to think of Frankincense as a "special" oil and save it. That explains why I barely use it. And also...I'm not a fan of the scent of this although when I first saw it, I was really excited for it. I had a soap from IndigoWild/Zum that was a mix of Frankincense and Lavender and I liked the scent. I can't remember what it smelled like but I liked it enough to make a DIY rollerball of the scent. For some reason this does smell like Frankincense, I don't get much Lavender. But it smells odd. Hard to describe but kinda smells like something spoiled without smelling spoiled. I just really, really dislike the scent. It gets a little better diffused though. 

Plant Therapy claims:

Every Oil of the Month at Plant Therapy is something special. But this August we’re offering something truly unique and exceptional, something we have never done before: Lavender Infused Frankincense!

Before we dive into the real good stuff, let’s take a quick look at the safety information for this exciting new oil! One of the best things about it is that this oil is safe for basically everyone (even your dog!).

  • KidSafe: Yes
  • Pregnancy/Nursing Safe: Yes
  • Pup & Pony Safe: Yes

Though it might seem counterintuitive, this oil is actually not a blend. This unique oil is not the product of two essential oils blended together. This oil is actually an infusion, a kind of oil we’ve never offered before. 

To create this beautiful infusion, the flowering tops of the lavender plant are left soaking in Frankincense Carterii essential oil to infuse. The lavender used in this infused oil is Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract. You might notice that this is the same name as our Lavender CO2. This imparts a slightly floral lavender scent into the beautiful scent of the Frankincense. The result is a green, balsamic, lemony-wood with a unique herbaceous-floral note. 

It’s no surprise that Lavender Infused Frankincense carries the therapeutic benefits as Frankincense Carterii. When diffused, it can help bring comfort, peace and an atmosphere of calm. Whether you need to unwind before bed or had a rough day, a peaceful, soothing environment can make all the difference. Another amazing benefit of both Frankincense and Lavender is helping promote healthy, radiant and smooth skin. Try adding it to a carrier oil like Younger Glo and using it as a daily facial serum. It’s also great for helping ease aches and pains.


I've tried it for a variety of things. I really went hard over the weekend with the workout and felt all the aches and pains that go along with it. I find Frankincense is a good oil to use on any aches and pains but I'm not sure I felt this one was very helpful. I just find regular old Frankincense to work so much better.

I do find it to be a calming oil though. Or at least as calm as you can be when smelling something you think is unpleasant. 

It does make a nice mix in for my DIY Shea Butter Face Mix. It really helps provide some extra glow and moisture to the skin. 

It was an oil of the month so it's not offered for regular sale but I do notice an organic version on the site on sale for $24.99. I'm in the Oil of the Month club so I got mine for $15, if you aren't a member it would be $20. Not a cheap oil, but then again a 10 ml bottle of oil lasts quite a long time. You only need a few drops at a time and I read somewhere that there are 300 drops in a 10 ml bottle. 

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. I MAY try the organic one though to see if maybe I just got a funky bottle but I don't plan on trying it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment