Monday, October 16, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Fico Di Almalfi Review



 Somehow I lost this sampler but I did get to try it at least two times before I lost it. Whoops! I've never had a fig fragrance before so this was new to me. Well a fig perfume anyway, I have had a fig soap in the last year or so and a fig candle.

Aqua Di Parma claims:

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi is an exclusive fragrance reminiscent of steep, rocky and sun-drenched cliffs lined with fig trees - a feature of the Mediterranean landscape of the Amalfi Coast. Nectar chords meet green leaf notes to evoke the softness of figs.

Fico di Amalfi Eau de Toilette is a composition that expresses the scent of the fig tree in all its complexity. Fico di Amalfi mixes nectar chords with green notes of the leaves to convey the soft and enveloping nature of the fruit. The fragrance combines the citrus notes of bergamot, lemon and grapefruit with the notes of fig nectar, pink pepper and jasmine flowers.

Fico di Amalfi is offered in the iconic bottle of Acqua di Parma, an indispensable design object with Art Deco influences. The pure, luxurious and thick glass is bathed in a deep blue, which reminds of the transparency of the sea in a play of reflections.

Top notes:
Italian lime, Italian bergamot, grapefruit

Heart notes:
Fig nectar, pink pepper, jasmine petals

Base notes:

Fig wood, cedar wood, benzoin




I've never had a fig that has any type of scent whatsoever so I'm thinking that maybe fig trees have a scent. Or the leaves. But my grandpa had a fig tree when I was a kid and I also don't remember with having a scent either. This does smell similar to a Wild Fig soap I reviewed awhile back though so this fig scent must be coming from somewhere. That soap and this scent have similarities but I like this cologne so much better. It also is reminiscent of a fig candle I have used as well.

It smells so fresh,  fruity, green and summery from what I can remember before I lost the little sample vial. I really liked this one and how different it smells from any other perfume I have ever tried. 

I like it enough that I think I would consider purchasing a full size bottle eventually. 

I can't remember specific notes but looking at the list it has all the stuff I love- bergamot, grapefruit, pink pepper, and Jasmine.  I'm very happy it doesn't have Petitgrain as all the other samplers I have had from the brand have had it and I am not a fan of Petitgrain. I almost hate it.

It's a newer fragrance as most of the Acqua scents in the sampler have tended to be, it came out in 2006. 

It says it's unisex, I think it might be but definitely leans more feminine. 

I'm happy to have tried a sampler of one that I actually like. I wish I could find my sampler vial so I could use it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment