Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Chagrin Valley Cafe Moreno Shampoo Bar Review

 Back to the shampoo bars, I strayed for a minute  I just find that shampoo bars work better for my scalp/hair than liquid shampoos. They aren't drying, they don't mess up my hair pattern, I don't get crazy dry scalp, they save plastic, and they last forever. Also...it's easy and more affordable to find all natural ones. 



I came across this video from Business Insider yesterday...just in time for this post.


Chagrin Valley claims:

A natural shampoo infused with coffee and cloves that can help your natural brown hair 


tones pop!

Morena is the Spanish word for brunette. Brunettes have been pouring freshly brewed coffee on their hair for centuries to help transform flat brown tones into shiny, warmer, rich color and maybe even do away with some of those pesky gray strands. 

The warm sensuous essential oil blend of clove, lavender, patchouli and ylang ylang blends nicely with a hint of coffee, promotes natural moisture balance, and is beneficial for dry and damaged hair.

  • Emollient rich, nourishing babassu oil moisturizes and restores hair strength and elasticity, for shiny, healthy-looking hair
  • Made with lots of unrefined shea butter to provide deep nourishment for the hair shaft
  • Moisturizes and softens dry, dull, or damaged hair
  • Helps improve luster and manageability
  • Organic cloves help enhance warm tones
  • Fresh brewed coffee enriches brown hues 
  • The natural oil from the coffee beans adds luster to dry hair
  • Studies done at a university in Germany suggest that caffeine promotes hair growth
  • Good for dry hair

A sulfate free, silicone free, paraben free natural shampoo

I almost expected it to have a coffee/clove or spicy latte scent. But it doesn't. It's more like a faintly spiced patchouli with a fresh side to it. I do really like the scent, so far it's my favorite of all the ones I've tried from Chagrin Valley. Just know there's nothing artificial to it. It's not strong. And it won't linger like a commercial shampoo. It's a natural shampoo and you can definitely tell. 

I don't really have any coppery, golden brown tones that would make me the market for this shampoo. It kind of reminds me of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Line from a few years ago. I remember always getting the sample packets and using them up. There are no tones in my natural hair color to bring out, so I didn't have that expectation. But I do kinda want to dye my hair....maybe I''ll check out the dyes the next time I'm in the store. 

I really like this shampoo bar. It cleans my hair but doesn't dry it out at all. It just works. It does everything it says it will do! 

The ingredients are excellent. And the bar is affordable..especially for how long it lasts. The price has definitely increased from a year ago but I still think they are worth it! 

I like to lather it up twice since I do think it needs a second lather....and I like to use the bar about once a week.

I tend to cut it up I just find it lasts a lot longer and is easier to control in smaller pieces since the bar is very generously sized. 

I've noticed the shampoo bars with Babbassu oil are especially suited to my hair and this is no exception.

Ingredients:

Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive OilOrganic Babassu Oil,Organic Virgin Shea ButterOrganic Coffee Beans (Fair Trade)Organic Avocado OilSodium HydroxideOrganic Castor Bean OilOrganic Canola Oil,Clove Bud Essential OilPatchouli Essential OilYlang Ylang Essential Oil,Lavender Essential OilOrganic Cocao Powder (Fair Trade)Organic Rosemary Oil Extract (ROE)

This is a favorite along with the Ayurvedic Herb and the Babassu Marsh Mallow. I would buy it again, if I didn't have to try them all first!

No comments:

Post a Comment