Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Lush Snow Fairy Soap Review


 Back to my regularly scheduled blogging program. After a really fun weekend in Paris and Disneyland Paris....I had a lot of fun and did a little bit of shopping and then needed recovery time. That was my third time in Paris, and I still really want to go back and go perfume shopping...pick something special up but I'm not sure where to start. Anyway...more Snow Fairy. Lush really does way too much of this scent, I guess because it's one of their most popular Christmas scents, but it's starting to become over the top.

Lush claims:

The scentsational sweetness of our Christmas favourite can now be part of your hand washing routine. Filled with rose water and Fair Trade organic aloe vera for fairy softness, add a touch of magic to your washes.

So even though there are a ton of Snow Fairy scented things...I am starting to realize they all smell a little different. The Dusting Powder  and the Shower Gel smelled the best. The Body Conditioner is a no from me. As are most of the bubble bath/bath bomb stuff. This smells noticeably less bubble gum like than other products in the line. It's more of a sour/sweet candy smell. Very sweet scent. Not my cup of tea. 

The soap itself is really cute. Pink star cut outs in a white base. Very unique looking soap. Still in the new "standard" shape. Which I'm not a fan of overall but it works in this. 

Years ago Lush did a Rock Star soap (do they still have it?), I wasn't a fan of that. I think it was also Snow Fairy but it smells different than this from what I can remember. I think this soap smells better than that did. 

One thing to note, it melts fast. It might last 1-2 weeks. 2.5 weeks if you're careful. 

The ingredients are also improved. Snowfairy scented things used to be really basic in the ingredients. Lush seem to have tried to improve it. It has Rose Water, Lime Oil (no lime scent at all), Rice Bran Oil, and Aloe Vera. My skin feels soft and not dry at all after using the soap.

Ingredients:

Rose Water, Canola Oil, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Rice Bran Oil, Perfume, Persian Lime Oil, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera, Salt ,Citric Acid, Synthetic Musk, Sodium Hydroxide, Baking Soda, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Colour

Overall, not for me. I'm glad they added better ingredients to it, but this scent just isn't something I would repurchase. If you like Snow Fairy this might be worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment